I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, October 6, 2013

"Is that your dad?" "No it's not my dad." "I think it's your dad." "It's not my dad." *see mom through window* "Okay, maybe it's my dad."

So I went out to see the boyfriend after work tonight and we went out to eat and pull into the parking lot and we're walking to the restaurant and we see this guy leaving the restaurant and he's like "is that your dad?"

And I'm like no.

He then spent the next thirty seconds trying to convince me that that was my dad while I spent the next thirty seconds stating it was not and then we walk into the restaurant and there's my mom.

Okay fine. It was my dad.

To be fair it was dark, he was walking in a different direction and it's not like you can just yell out "dad" to see if he'd turn around.

Cause what if he was in fact a dad, but not my dad, and then he turned around expecting his own child which I am clearly not? That would be awkward.

Though it wouldn't matter anyway because my dad is half deaf so he wouldn't have heard it.

But it was, and of course they just happened to have his iPod in hand so I got to give even more lessons on how to run it.

See, an iPod for dad seemed like such a good idea for a present. Little did I know that I would be the one stuck teaching him how to use it, and not only teaching him at home but also in the middle of an Applebee's parking lot in 50 degree weather.

My brother lives half a mile away and he knows all this stuff. He says he knows nothing but I know that's crap cause his wife owns one.

But it was fate really, we could have gone anywhere else, at any time tonight.

The boyfriend thinks they planned this somehow cause they were so casual about it. And just happened to have the iPod in the car.

Apparently my parents are more casual about things than his parents are.

And speaking of my parents the boyfriend and I watched Duck Dynasty tonight which is another one of my dad's shows. This one mom actually likes. It's not awful but I don't need another Swamp People.

Before all that was work. Lots of stats today since there were only 4 of us, but they seemed to come in groups.

Between groups I cleaned cause it was gross and cluttered and I was bored.

Did a bunch of dusting and organizing drawers and all that. Even brought out that dust buster and was able to rehang it without breaking it so I'm calling it a victory.

Tomorrow will be more of the same. Work then hopefully another date night with the boyfriend since he's going out of town next week. Plus I want to see him as much as possible before he gets switched to second.

Which we're both so thrilled about.

Can you tell that was sarcasm.

I can't really inject that into writing without some sort of special punctuation.

But there is no special punctuation for sarcasm so I had to explain that I'm not actually so thrilled about him moving to second as I will never see him.

Though it did bring up the topic of marriage again tonight at dinner.

Actually it got super serious and was all about the wedding and all that.

At some point in the past year he told his mother about the Luxor chapel in Vegas and that we almost got married there and now she thinks we're having a destination wedding which she would not approve of.

And of course that makes him bring it up even more.

I never really thought about that as an option before Vegas. So I don't know if I want that or a church service and neither does he.

But I guess we have time to decide.

He still has 3 years to ask me according to the verbal contract I agreed to 2 years ago when we got together.

Genius move there.

But it's not like I'm going somewhere so it doesn't really matter.

Alright, I should crash. More work tomorrow.

Songs of the Day:

Both played tonight at supper.

Friends in Low Places - Garth Brooks


you don't often see singers act out what they're actually singing on music award shows. it's usually all dancers and flashing lights.

okay, nevermind here come the dancers.

Put a Girl in it - Brooks and Dunn


didn't realize they attempted a comeback. really like their old stuff but this is good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment