I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, October 27, 2013

"You should be getting flowers, not giving them."

I decided against posting this week as most of them would have been me rambling about my apartment, cat, or staring at a computer screen for 10 hours. So here is your mega post.

It's official. Comps are done.



Celebratory paper throw.

I can now officially leave my apartment and not freak out about it.

Unlike how I felt all week.

Comps were not fun. And a lot harder than I expected them to be. Though I wasn't really sure what to expect.

I went into it thinking the lowest grade I've got on a project is a B and the lowest grade I've got for a class is an A-  (*cough*Library Goddess*cough*...threw off my 4.0) so I can handle this it'll be fine.

Questions were posted at 8, I woke up at 9 and went oh god I'm screwed.

The Cool Aunt and I had this baking analogy where we tied the difficulty level of the question to the difficulty level of a baked good - it ranged from cupcakes to flanby - and the plan was to start with the easy cupcake one and finish with the flanby one.

I emailed her and was like...they're all flanby.

Sketch is secretly laughing right now because she knows that I can't bake so the difficulty level for both of those desserts is actually the same. 

Ironically, I ended up doing it in reverse starting with flanby and ending with cupcake.

If you can call it a cupcake, it was still harder than any of my previous assignments.

There's a discussion board tied to each question where we can ask stuff. I'm pretty sure I asked about triple the amount of questions everyone else did because I was just so lost on the first 2 but then once they were explained I had an idea of what I was gonna write about and did it before I lost the motivation.

This was after meeting with my comrades over lunch. Well breakfast. But it was at lunch time.

Is that brunch? My brain has nothing left in it.

We joked about the questions giving one of us a heart attack. I believe the direct quote was "yeah, take one for the team. then they'll make them easier...would you like more butter for those pancakes?"

We were gonna meet later in the week for drinks but it didn't work out schedule-wise. Now the plan is to go out for drinks after we learn we've all passed.

If anything is worth a drink it was this week.

The longest took me 10 hours - that was 10 pages - another took me 7 and I lost count with the other two cause I spread them out over a couple of days while I made changes on my "final" drafts of the others.

I won't post the questions in case they want to re-use them at some point but one was on technology, another was on group development, another was on collaboration and then the monster 10 hour one was on continuing education.

The funny part about that one is that BossLady (to make sure they made sense) and Oldest Sister (to check for grammar and to make sure they made sense) looked them over for me and after I sent the first one BossLady tracked me down at work and said that I made more CE plans in a day than she had in the years she's been there so she will now delegate that all to me.

I went, um, no...but thanks?

The only breaks I gave myself were to do something else productive.

I've never been so caught up on laundry and my closet has never been this clean.

Amazing what you can accomplish when you're avoiding something else.

I kept second guessing myself and changing stuff so I finally just ended up posting them on Saturday a day early before I could talk myself out of it.

Now they're out of my hands.

Got the confirmation email saying they should be graded by Friday so now I wait.

In limbo.

I hate limbo.

If I pass all I have left are practicum and youth services which both end in December. If I fail even one I have to retake next semester.

No pressure.

But, being done Saturday meant I got to watch the Husker game...ugh...and then go out to the farm to help Mom.

Oh, did I mention that Mom decided we needed yet another experience with white walls and sterilized equipment so she fell out of a tractor and busted her knee?

I bought her flowers, that's where the title comes from, some random dude said it and walked away.

I spent the day cleaning and mowing. My cousin or second cousin or once removed or something like that is coming to help farm.

Kind of random and out of the blue as I haven't seen him in years, but welcome nonetheless.

After that I stopped by to see the boyfriend. We watched No Country for Old Men.



He had to explain a lot of it to me, but it was pretty good.

Same with Donnie Brasco which we watched yesterday.



I'm giving them both a 6/10 on the Scale of Awesome.

That was basically the only time I saw him all week. Except for the one night I took off, we got dinner and watched some TV. I think it was Office Space and something else, I can't remember this week was all a blur.

Oh and we saw Bad Grandpa also yesterday.



Scarred for life but he seemed to like it.

What is it with boys and Jackass humor?

Anyway, so now I'm done and it's back to work tomorrow.

Here's my music rec before I crash.

Smooth Criminal - Glee cast Santana and Sebastian


apparently i'm way behind cause i have no idea who the guy is.

out!

No comments:

Post a Comment