I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"Is this ad relevant to you?" "No!"

Gotta love watching TV online. I love Hulu, it's fantastic, it has all my favorite shows and it's free. But they stick you with these ads that are like ridiculous then ask if they're relevant to you. Car commercial, relevant? No. Different car commercial, relevant? No. Kay jewelry commercial, relevant? No. Open hearts jewelry commercial, relevant? No. Video game promotion, relevant? No. I was like, what's next? Different video game promotion?
Is it just me or is anyone else secretly waiting for the psycho killer to show up at the end of that "i'm right here and i always will be" storming outside kay diamond commercial? I think I watch too many crime shows. Speaking of, I caught up on Bones and I don't want to ruin anything for anybody else who isn't up to date but dude. Like duuuude. Big episode last week, I'm stoked for tomorrow's. Heather Taffet man! And I was starting to like her as an actress. She was in the Closer, Saving Grace and Criminal Minds as well - although I haven't seen the last one since I'm on strike. I'll spare you the rant. Again. But a serial guest star again, like Natalie! aka "bring it on old man" chick from RED aka Go Meat chick from the Hillshire Farms commercial who also guest spotted on all my favorite shows. Scroll down a few posts and you'll find who I'm talking about. In fact, Taffet and Natalie kind of remind me of one another. Maybe it's the red hair and bad attitude.

So the roads here are awful but Jarvis and I are still having fun. Except that it took FOREVER to scrape off the windshield this morning even though I used the self-start ten minutes before. Just have to start earlier tomorrow morning. But driving and seeing snow flying everywhere reminded me of sledding on the farm. You don't just have the sled you go all out with the 4-wheeler pulling you over hills and ponds and through the ditches. You just gotta hang on for dear life. Especially when your cousin runs you into a mailbox, my bad, sorry Megan. Or over the top of a car, again my bad Megan, but it was well worth it. And it's always fun when you get stuck in a pile of snow and step on the gas only to fly right through making the person on the sled get completely yanked off because it's so sudden. Awesome. Unfortunately I've missed out on the sledding so far since I've been working but I'll have to make up for it when I go home.
One of my favorite snow memories was when it snowed so much and it piled up next to the quanset - this building of ours so big it houses the combine and tractors and all that - and so I climbed all the way to the top and slid down. Mom totally flipped, like flipped. Dad just laughed and went inside to get the camera. I was fearless. There's a picture of me standing on top of this thing and it's not like a flat top building, it's rounded. That was probably a very bad idea. But I survived.
I also liked making forts, we did a lot of that in grade school. But no snowball fights, that was frowned upon, in grade school and high school.

Music currently jamming out to
- "Don't know nothing" by Maroon 5. I love the rhythm of this one. I'm recommending their Hands All Over album again, it's fantastic.
Food thinking about eating even though it's after 11
- popcorn. mmm... popcorn.
TV show I will most likely fall asleep watching
- NCIS first season, I'm back to the DVDs. I miss Kate. It's so weird seeing Sasha as a Medical Examiner now. And Angie Harmon is still a detective but she'll always be Lindsay Boxer to me. Yes I'm referencing Women's Murder Club. Get over it. But I do like Rizzoli and Isles, I'm waiting for the first season to come out on DVD. Should look into when it comes out. Oh well, job for tomorrow. I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment