I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

This is a week of my favorite things Day Two: Movies

Donuts in my mailbox and Angry Birds on my ipod. All in all an excellent day.

So, day two, as requested means Movies. Since apparently she thinks she knows me well enough to know what they will be. Which she probably does, but I'm going to post them anyway.

5. RED
I guess it's been promoted to the top five since I fall asleep watching it every night. You'd think that means something, right?
Preview:

"Old man my ass."

4. Get Smart
Great comedy, but Steve Carell and Anne Hathaway in an action movie? No one expected them to pull it off but they did. Fantastic acting, awesome cast, great script and so much fun to watch.

"Missed it by that much."

Yes I'm doubling up the next two even though they're separate movies and I love them both I figured I could fit in more movies this way, deal.

3. Charlie's Angels/Charlie's Angels Full Throttle
Okay, so I'm a nut for Drew. Like website and fanclub kind of nut. Certifiable kind of nut. And I'm also a nut for the Charlie's Angels series - own the dvds, went trick or treating with two friends as the Angels - so when you put the two together I was all over it.

"And that's kickin' your ass."

"Is this grape? It's grape! It's grape, yessir!"

2. Mummy 1/Mummy Returns
Awesome acting, awesome cast, excellent script, what more could you ask for? Plus I love Egypt! I was obsessed with it all through grade school and high school, it's the only thing I ever wrote research papers on, it's on the list of places I want to see before I die. So, mixing Egyptology with a cast like Brendan Fraser, Rachel Weisz, John Hannah, Arnold Vosloo was like a dream come true.

"I may not be an explorer or an adverturer, or a treasure seeker or a gunfighter Mr. O'Connell but I am proud of what I am."
"And what is that?"
"I....am a librarian!"
Yes that was by memory, check my first post I can quote all of the first two but not the third because it's crap.

Honestly, it adds just the right amount of comedy in with action plus history, you learn a lot about Egypt and its customs.

1. RENT
Did you really not see this coming? Idina Menzel? Taye Diggs? Favorite song of all time. And, despite a certain coworker's opinion haha, a musical of some sort should be on everybody's list.

Drama + Music + Humor = Awesome

Okay, honorable mentions:
Whip It! - It's derby and it's Drew
The Wedding Singer - more Drew plus the awesomeness that is Adam Sandler
Robin Hood: Men in Tights - You changed it to Latrine?
Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Oh yes, it's-a very nice-a!
The Replacements - I love love love this movie! great football and comedy
The Proposal - Sandra Bullock plus Ryan Reynold my BFF was in heaven
Blind Side - another great Sandra Bullock flick
Out Cold - AJ before she was AJ/JJ
Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy - But why's the rum gone?
Moulin Rouge - Ewan and Nicole screaming at each other in a giant elephant
Chicago - Cell block tango man, cell block tango.
Sister Act - so funny
10 Things I Hate About You - early Julia Stiles, it only went up from here
Harry Potter series - excellent acting with a great script
Star Wars saga - so much of a nerd I started a debate at work on Wars vs. Trek
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the original animated classic) always watch on Xmas
Hocus Pocus always watch on Halloween
First Wives Club - You climb and you climb and you don't get anywhere! worth it just to watch them sing and dance to You Don't Own Me
John Tucker Must Die - I watched everyday for over a month
Music and Lyrics - Drew singing with Hugh Grant, too much fun
Never Been Kissed - Oh, if we could all go back to high school and change things...
The Princess Bride - As you wish!

Favorite Classics:
Clue - To make a long story short- Too late!
Calamity Jane - I bet her mother spun'em!
Arsenic and Old Lace - Twelve...twelve?!
Oklahoma - She got ma'am-d in a proposal but it's okay cause it was still romantic

Favorite actors/actresses:
Drew Barrymore
Jennifer Aniston
Rachel Weisz
Sasha Alexander
Angie Harmon
Aubrey Dollar
Laura Harris
Paula Newsome
Lauren Graham
Emily Deschanel
Wendie Malick
Holly Marie Combs
Adam Sandler
Brendan Fraser
David Spade
Johnny Depp

Quickly rising to the top:
Lea Michele
Chris Colfer
Stana Katic
Pauley Perrette
Michael Weatherly
Sandra Oh
Katherine Heigl
Ellen Pompeo
Sandra Bullock
David Boreanaz
Kyra Sedgwick
Brittany Snow
Kathy Bates
Julia Stiles

No comments:

Post a Comment