I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, February 5, 2011

"I'm so glad that spellcheck doesn't have a 'duh'..."

So, today was a halfday - got to sleep in, made breakfast, scanned the jseries books AND there was actually stuff for me to shelve today - I was so excited. But soon summer reading will start again and I will be overloaded so maybe I should be thankful that it's slow.

Remember how I haven't finished a book since I started working in the library system? I picked up a new one that I love because I don't have to read it all. Hooray for library newsletters! It's called "Touch me, I'm sick: the 52 Creepiest Love Songs" (weird title i'm aware) and it basically lists all these songs, gives a summary and then explains why they're creepy. So funny, and perfect because I don't have time to read a whole book. I can just skim and flip to songs I've actually heard of, awesomeness. But I was on the phone with my best friend while reading and ran into Whiskey Lullaby which she loves so she's mad it's in there. But the description was hilarious, "cheatin' + drinkin' + shootin' = ballad" seriously hilarious. Tom Reynolds is the author. It's definitely worth checking out. He also wrote the 52 most depressing songs which is next on my list.

Aside from work, today was mostly filled with finishing the homework due in approx. 4 minutes from now. But I finished it around 5:30, I know right?! I was so proud. But it meant going over my notes which led me to my quotes page. I carry around quote books wherever I go, I had one for each year of college and they're filled with stuff that friends said and professors and just like writing ideas and stuff. They're falling apart because I take them everywhere. So, since the Library Goddess is my prof I figured I'd have to start another one. And she is the library goddess - she has the plaque to prove it. These are just a few of my favorites from her and my classmates from our first session together.
-"I will be gaining weight as the class goes on..." - my pregnant group mate
-"I was in nursing until I realized I have no bedside manner." - another classmate on life before the library
The rest are from the goddess herself:
-"Tried to do headmath on the fly, that's always dangerous!"
-"Cite it badly, but cite it!"
-"Information isn't horseshoes."
-"That could bore the paint off walls..."
-"I'm so glad that spellcheck doesn't have a 'duh'... It took me five times to spell weenie..."
-"Got sexier than their server will support!"
-"Oh, I see I got the bright group!" yay...
-"It was like a motion sick powerpointe, no idea what they were presenting... an assault on your senses!"
And my favorite
-"It's brave of these people to put their thoughts on paper. I hope one day you will too."

Only two more weeks until the next class. That just happens to fall on my birthday. That'll be interesting. In the mean time we're supposed to read an article and write a two item analysis thing that's due on the 18th, meaning I should probably start sometime soon. I got my grades for assignment #1 today, 40/40. Not bad for a first assignment in grad school. Gives me a bit more confidence in my paper for tonight. But not much more. Still nervous, and feeling a bit like comic relief. Everyone there is so professional and knows what they're doing in life - they have goals and all that and I'm still lost. But she uses me as an example so it makes me sound smart! So I've got that going for me, hahaha. I'm just taking it one week at a time.

Now my ipod won't connect to my computer. THE HORROR! Oh well, a problem for tomorrow. Speaking of, anybody watching the superbowl? Go Steelers! I think. I mean I'm not really cheering for either team since they aren't the Titans. But I've never really been a Packers fan, so yay Steelers? Gotta cheer for somebody, right? I'm supposed to go over to oldest sister's house to eat food and watch the game. Which probably means more Wii dancing or TMNT. Joey has this game called "Naughty bear" that is just awful! You're this bear who's like the outcast and doesn't get invited to this other bear's birthday party so you get mad and kill all the other bears. Instead of blood it's stuffing flying everywhere. It's ridiculous, and the narrator is British and he's all yelling "total defluffication!" when you kill them all. So disturbing but oddly satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment