I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Law of Averages + Mindwalk Blvd + Literal Videos = a Crazy Kind of Awesome

Worked halfday - you know, eventually, the law of averages is going to work in my favor and everything will be shelved at eye level. I told that to Space Cadet, she was like "Maybe in your lifetime! I'll be dead by then!" I'm gonna keep the faith, eventually it has to happen, right?

Okay, so there's an interesting story behind these videos.
I actually discovered these guys a few years back when I was working on a story. When I write things, like actually have a decent idea that I like, I research my characters, google their names or others names to find pictures so I know what they look like. Sometimes it brings inspiration. yes, I'm a nerd. Anyway, I picked the name "Tyler Hudson" as the geeky sidekick to my main character and googled him and this is what I found. Amazing.

This is Mindwalk Blvd, three boys all in their early teens, and they rock.
This is my favorite of their songs, it's called "Crimson Sunset" and it gets stuck in your head!

They do a lot of covers but this is one of their originals, I bought it as soon as it was available on itunes. Another good one is their cover of YYZ, awesomeness.

Check this out if you get a chance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8TSsiD_ozY
This was the first vid I'd ever watched of theres, 2:55 is pure awesomeness, but it's what got me interested in the first place, then found their website and all their myspace stuff and it took off from there. That kid is just a crazy kind of awesome. Seriously.

Okay, my first: YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS VIDEO moment. Total Eclipse of the Heart the Literal Version These guys are fantastic, they have a lot of these - Meat Loaf, Beatles, Michael Jackson, even one for Jingle Bell Rock - he takes the music video and rewrites the lyrics so that they match. I came across it, also a while ago, somewhere in cyberland and I've shared it with a lot of people already, but oh man, it's just too good not to post.
But, since it won't let me embed the original, you're stuck with the second version with the random cat watching. Don't ask. Full-screen it and you'll be fine.


Here's the original - aka, same thing but minus the cat - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj-x9ygQEGA
Yes, I'm aware it is a little weird at times, but altogether it's hilarious.


"Fonzie's been clooooned..."

"Alright, which one of you preppies put gold dust in my fencing helmet?" "Ha-Ha!"

"It started out as Hogwarts now it's Lord of the Flies!" "I hated that book."

"Mullet with head lights? Over-surprised guuuyyyyy, weirded out..."


Here's my second favorite, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJz0q8O5PzM
Jingle Bell Rock

okay, I should stop posting. I actually get to sleep in tomorrow without my cat jumping on me for once, wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment