I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, December 24, 2010

We can hardly stand to wait, please Christmas don't be late.....

Is it honestly Christmas Eve already? It so doesn't feel like it. Or like it'll be Christmas in half an hour. Crazy. It doesn't really even feel like December, it feels like August! I mean, not weather-wise, but...I don't really know how to explain. It just doesn't feel like Christmas. Maybe it's just because I haven't done any of my ritual things.
Usually, at this exact moment, I sit in my living room and play pool online with a friend while watching the santa tracker on msn - that's not happening. I haven't watched any of my favorite Christmas movies - Home Alone 1, The Grinch - the original animated classic - let alone listen to any Doris Day. Another ritual. I think it's the whole not being in school thing. I don't really have a calendar to live by. Work is the same almost every day and I'm guessing that since Grad School is just going to be a show up once a month thing that's not going to help either.

I love Christmas. Everything about it actually. The snow, the family, the music that continues to play on my ipod through at least July, the spiced tea, the candycanes especially, presents are fun, peanut-butter balls yum, good food. Listening to my mom trying to persuade me to watch It's a Wonderful Life which I can only put up with once every five years - too depressing. I'm going with Phoebe on that one. Although I did get to listen to my parents bicker about the food. It was actually kind of funny. "Oh god, not pizza again!" "We don't want old chicken!" My favorite was, "You drink anymore of that you'll be all giggly in church!" "I can be all giggly, no one else will be there!" Which is true most years since our Christmas Eve service is rarely on Christmas Eve as families usually have their own routines. This year there were a lot of people there. And I got to see an old classmate so that was fun.

Instead of the usual holiday traditions I spent today sleeping in, watching movies, cleaning my room and going to church. We watched Night and Day then Get Smart then Killers. All very similar with the secret agent thing. Get Smart is my favorite of the three but I originally just wanted to compare Night and Day to Killers. I think I like the latter better. I mean, I love Cameron Diaz. She was excellent in Charlie's Angels and she's really funny in real life - plus best friends with Drew - but I think I'm going with Katherine Heigl on this one. I've never really been a big fan of Tom Cruise. I mean, I don't have a problem with him but he's not my favorite actor. Ashton playing someone different than his usual crackhead was nice to watch. It was funny and the parents were hilarious - Catherine O'Hara was drinking in every scene! Every time I see her I just want to scream KEVIN!!! and Tom Selleck was excellent as always. And don't get me wrong, Night and Day was good also, pretty funny but not as good as Killers. I think my Scale of Awesome ratings would go something like:
Get Smart 10/10
Killers 8/10
Night and Day 7/10
All in all not bad.
Tomorrow is presents in the morning with parentals, then watch parade - perhaps while opening presents - then food followed by the probability of more movies - I'll have to throw in Home Alone (KEVIN!!! good weekend for Catherine O'Hara) and The Grinch.

Alright, signing off as the countdown continues...
13 minutes...

No comments:

Post a Comment