I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Text if you make it to your apartment, call if you go to the hospital

My mother said to me so lovingly as I left tonight. She's going to bed early understandably. Long day tomorrow, taking her mom to her sister's funeral. Alzheimer's is not a fun disease. They've told her twice and she's forgotten both times. I can only imagine how hard tomorrow will be. Grams is one of my favorite people. She's the nicest lady, so patient - although I guess you'd have to be if you had eight kids, madness - and really funny. I think I talked about her comments about 'old people' at her 'apartment.'

I'm being spontaneous. I'm typing this on the floor while listening to Weird Al on cassette tape. Found my Doris Day!!

Today was awesome. I laid around in my pajamas and watched a marathon of World's Dumbest. I used to watch (fall asleep) to that show practically every night of my senior year of college. When it was on at least. It was either that or Pastor Melissa Scott. Gotta love televangelists. Even though it's where celebrities' careers go to die I think it's hilarious. Judy Gold, Danny Bonaduce, Leif Garrett, Tonya Harding, Daniel Baldwin, although Brad Loekle is the best. Today's were World's Dumbest Performers 3, Drivers 11 and 15, and Brawlers like 2 and 3 I think. I love that show, and I'm not ashamed. Even though it's awful. But today's were grand, mostly because I missed it so much. One of the performers was this lady who had a show about the importance of cat massaging.
"And the mountain gods said we will spare your life!!!....but we're taking your jeep!" - Jaime Andrews she's one of the good ones.
Here's an example of the stupid/funny
Carter is staying with mom and dad this week since I'm going back out there for New Years. It's so weird, I can actually stretch out my legs without him at the bottom of the couch and I won't wake up to him laying on my stomach or have to barricade the door every time I leave so he doesn't pounce on it and make noise.
Okay, back on the couch watching The Nanny and eating goldfish. My spontaneity can only last so long. Tomorrow is full day of work then the Closer then Castle. Hopefully. Plus have to go get food, and the only liquid in my fridge is alcoholic. Which is why right now I'm drinking a strawberry margarita out of a bottle - thanks to the grab bag and Teina.

Alright, I'm out. Hope you all had a fun and safe holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment