I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, December 30, 2010

"Her nickname is Alice."

Said Jeb about me at work today. Apparently it's my new nickname. No idea where it originated.

Only in Nebraska can it jump from 60 degrees to 30 within minutes. Ridiculous. At noon everyone was walking in in shorts. Then suddenly it's dark and windy. Yikes.

Today was another great day. My boss - the one that called me capable yay! - called in sick today so Girlscout from the other branch came over and helped me open. We call ourselves "Team Awesome" which Superwoman thinks is funny, as do we. But we are awesome.
And since Superwoman grades me - it's part of my training that's kind of stuck around, I think she enjoys it - I asked what my current score was. 95 is passing so it's hardcore. I currently have a 115 out of 100. Mostly because I've covered for everyone and their mother since a plague of disease wiped out everyone the smaller branch. Crazy hours. But still fun. Also because I sent the email commending my coworker and for testing my supervisor aka Girlscout which apparently was a secret test for me. Hmmm... my boss is too smart for me.
After small branch was larger branch, more fun, and driving home to the farmhouse. Carter was so excited to see me.
The quote of the day besides Girlscout's "We are Team Awesome," which also made me feel special, comes from my mother who let my cat out accidently. "I don't know that I can catch him. He's so stupid." Ouch. He may be stupid but he's still super cute. And fat. But cute.

Okay, so we're watching the Husker game and the weirdest thing just happened. Martinez our star quarterback just threw the ball straight to the defender, it bounces off the defender straight back to Martinez who grabs it and runs out of bounce. Weirdness. "Are you gonna watch or are you gonna talk?" My dad to my mom. BRING OUT THE WILDCAT! Go with Burkhead!
Hahahahahaha, my sister-in-law just texted me that my brother is cussing up a storm, "can you hear him over there?" As we live only a few miles apart. Hilarious.

Okay, so injuries and penalties are killing us but we will pull it off. I'm still sticking with my prediction. 40-10 us. Mom says 28-14 us. Kathy says 34-17. Sheri says 49-10. All for us.

And yikes for the UConn girls loss. 90 game win-streak is impressive. Wait, was that Condi Rice?!

No comments:

Post a Comment