I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pitch tourney + The Hero of Canton, the Man They Call Jayne.....

Ohhh, emotional high. Such a good day. Went to work downtown this morning, and aside from the creepy guy in the lab staring at me (like i moved and his eyes followed, it was creepy) that was fun. Short and sweet. Then went to Barnes and Noble for some last minute shopping, then came home to wrap and THEN family xmas at my aunts! Not like immediate family but aunts and uncles xmas. We used to have these big pitch tournaments that lasted all night and we thought we should bring them back. It was awesome. I got partnered up with my cousin and we finished the night at the winner's table! Yeah!! Took down my undefeated sister and brother but then lost to my nephew and sister-in-law. My nephew somehow ended up with the perfect hand on the last hand. AKQJJ2. Seriously. Who gets those? Ever?! So they won toasters for being "hot" and my dad and sister got snowmen for being "cold". They were the ultimate losers. Ha. Too much fun.
And I got some awesome presents. This wicked cool hat from my aunt. I loved it so much I wore it for the rest of the night - tournament included. Got a bunch of pics taken, will have to upload one. It's very "the man they call jayne" except black and multi-colored instead of yellow and orange. If you get the reference.

Tomorrow is work then head to the farmhouse with my cat and all my presents since I have 24-26th off. Woohoo!
Now is eating breadsticks, watching the Nanny and then crashing.

In case you don't get the reference, here's Adam Baldwin singing the song from his favorite episode and wearing his hat. Video of the week.


Have a merry xmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment