I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, July 20, 2013

That's not pants.

I know, I haven't been very good about posting this month.

But you guys need a break every once in a while, right?

No, I've just been busy.

Like tonight.

Just got back from a wedding.

One of my lifeguards got married... and the other one gets married in November. Though that one is my cousin.

Which leaves me lifeguardless.

So I've had to find a substitute.

But it's not the same.

There will be no more Mama's and the Papa's or How Bizarre singing.

Sad day.


Anyway, so it was kind of a crappy drama-filled week. Two days ago being the worst of it and then yesterday was not such a great day.

Lost it in front of my boss.

Cause I'm weak and pathetic.

Fortunately it was in her office so there weren't others around to see me all weak and pathetic.

Even more weak and pathetic?

That's like the third time that's happened.

So apparently I am a girl. Cause girls are emotional like that.

But we had all these plans and going to a wedding really didn't help things cause I'm just reminded that now that's not gonna happen for like 3 more years until stuff calms down.

And he jokes about it cause you know I gave him 5 years to ask me originally so at the dance tonight he said if I caught the bouquet maybe it would cut a few years off. Meg said if she caught it she'd give it to me. And then when it came time for the garter he was like no, if I have to go up there it'll add years to it.

So we joke and banter but the fact is I do want to get married.

I mean it doesn't have to happen now, that's fine, but I don't want to wait 3 years.

And I know that's not his fault.

Cause he got screwed over, but it sucks cause that shift completely changes everything.

Maybe it'll be okay. Maybe HR will fix it and then this whole drama will be for nothing.

I don't know, I'm not gonna think about it.


Yesterday night was fun, had dinner with his brother and sister-in-law then we watched some old Whose Line is it Anyway - did you know they brought it back?!

Today I slept in, met him for lunch, changed for the wedding - yes, I wore a dress. His only comment was, "that's not pants."

Thanks honey.

Then went out there early. Sat with Obi-Wan and caravan'd to the wedding. Which was good cause I had no idea where we were going. And I was driving Boggs' car so I didn't want to get stranded.

Cause that would have been bad.

Jammed with the camp group, we all sat together and made cheesy comments. It took a while for the bridal party to get there - taken note that if it takes that long before we get there let the guests eat when they arrive - and of course we sat at the wrong end of the room so we had to go last. Ugh.

But it was fun.

Usually I'm out on the floor for every dance but it was nice to kind of sit back and relax for a while.

And that was the joy and excitement of yesterday and today.

Camp meeting tomorrow afternoon to sort t-shirts and do nametags.

Huzzah.

I mean, huzzah!

Cause it'll be our last one before camp.

Finally picked out all my skits and guess what I found online....



And that's only one in a string of compilations.

oh yes.

So now I'll have these along with all of Dad's recordings. Should be set for the 7th and 8th graders for a couple years at least.

Woohoo!

If you weren't aware, I make the 7th and 8th graders sing these for their skit. They sing the verses between all the other grades skits - we alternate girls and boys and then at the very end they scream it at each other.

The parents love me. The kids not so much.

alright, i'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment