I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, July 18, 2013

but I'm stronger than the picture that you took before you left...

My boyfriend never calls me.

We always text.

Or talk in person.

So when I saw his name on the caller ID this morning I knew it was bad.

His work has once again screwed him over and he's having a personal crisis.

So, any grand plans about finishing my homework tonight flew out the window and I went out there instead to come up with a game plan.

Depending on how work goes next week we think we have a vague plan for the next few years.

Basically, our lives will be hell for nine months.

So kind of like pregnancy but without the screaming child popping out at the end.

I'm not thrilled but neither is he.

But, you know what, it's not like I'm going anywhere and he's worth waiting for.

So, I'll stick it out and we'll take it day by day.

Or quarter by quarter as it is about the combination of work and school.

Definitely not going back for a Doctorate now.

Not that I wanted to anyway, but now I have a legitimate excuse.

Gonna have to talk to Superwoman about scheduling.

Joy.

As awful as the reason was behind it tonight was actually kind of nice.

Switched it up.

Started by choosing a restaurant on the right side of the road - we always go left cause there's more - then drove out to the lake where we sat for hours just talking about everything and enjoying the scenery.



After which we went back and helped his parents move their new couch.

If someone had a camera it would have made YouTube, seriously.

Then we went back out driving around, parked and just walked for blocks.

It was good though because we actually talked about stuff instead of our usual dinner and a movie routine.

We'll figure it out as we go along I guess.

Alright, in need of some serious sleep. More work tomorrow.


Turn To White - She & Him


yes i know it's not She & Him week but they just uploaded this one.

they are seriously good live.

would love to see them again.


Something's Got a Hold On Me - Christina Aguilera


yes i know i've posted this already, but technically that was the movie clip, not her singing it live.

oh it must be love.

def one of my favorite of Etta's.

and Xtina's.



and I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment