I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Mahna Mahna

My Day In Five Words

1. Cereal
2. Hamburger
3. Jars
4. Homework
5. Camp


1. So in the mornings I put cereal in a ziplock bag and eat it in the car on the way to work. This morning it fell and spilled all over my car floor. Under my feet where I have to push the peddles so it kept getting all squashed and made it worse. I should have known today would be off.

2. Had a hamburger for lunch. Security guard was jealous. Am excited they're doing daily specials at the place across the street. Makes having only a half hour lunch much easier. And now that my Chinese joint next door is closed - sad day - I actually have someplace to go on days that aren't Thursday. Which is when they used to only do specials.

3. We had our final teen Summer Reading event today at the work branch. Did some jar decorating - painting them and making lanterns out of them. For the paint stuff we put stickers on the jar then painted over them. Then when we pulled the stickers off it revealed the design below. And then the paper lanterns was cool, we took super thin paper and drew designs on it. Then pasted it around the outside so when you stick a light in it the design shines through. Actually had about 11 participate, 1 girl I'd never met before who goes to a different branch normally and then a family that came about 10 minutes before we were about to pack up. Calling it a victory.

4. Homework sucks. But at least tonight I was productive about it. Got done with the "ripped from the headlines" essay about Fifty Shades of Grey. Oh yeah, forum for this one, would you include it in your library? Sadly, even though I would never read it because of its topic and the fact that it's horribly written - or so I've been told by everyone who's read more than a page of it - I did include it in my fake library because my fake library is a public library and not including it in our collection because of its topic would be like saying "we only include items that we agree with, if you want to read that you'll have to go somewhere else". And we can't do that cause we are a public library. Key word being public. As in it's our job to help each and every member of that public that comes in.

Sorry.

Still on the library writing kick.

After that essay came the Peer Review assignment. You know how we have to write up an encyclopedia entry for our final assignment? The one right before that is to edit someone else's. I picked the Dead Sea Scrolls entry.

Oh my god. I know I have grammar issues, but this was like, the person didn't even hit spellcheck.

Awful.

So that was frustrating cause I had to transfer all that into a "what they should fix" entry plus check out every one of the references to make sure they were correct.

Blah.

But it's done and submitted. Now all that's left is the actual encyclopedia entry which I have mostly done and then the source list.

And I think I'm getting this whole Chicago Style thing down. Or I guess I'll know if I've got it down after the essay is graded.

I'm still clueless as to why she picked Chicago when the entire Master's program up until this point has been APA.

So I learn Chicago for a 1 credit course and then go back to APA for my final 3 credit class.

But then I'll be done!! And can't complain about homework anymore!

Well, my homework anyway, but now the boyfriend is thinking about going back to school.

Which I am in full support of! I think it's great and it's a smart idea. However, I'm not so fond of the part where I will not see him at all for 12 months.

But we'll figure it out when the time comes.

5. Ah the joys of Camp J. I would be even more joyful about it if all the applications came in before the July 1st deadline and that the adults would realize that it's a kids camp meant for kids not for them so they shouldn't complain about their assignments.

But that would just be too much.

Anyway, after a half hour vent session to Obi-Wan we have come up with a plan. Though Pastor will be the one to put the plan in motion. I'll expand on that after this weekend's meeting.

Actually excited about this weekend. Going to a Camp J friend's wedding. We used to go to grade school together but she was a few years younger than me. She and Meg were my lifeguards for years and years and now Meg is getting married in November as well. Neither ChickenFro nor Boomer is coming to camp this year so I was forced to find new lifeguards. I'm glad at least one of my teens has training for it.

But the wedding should be fun. The boyfriend is coming along. I didn't even have to ask really, I just subtly mentioned it like half a dozen times and then he said he would go. Score one for the home team.


So today was pretty stressful but now it's over so I'm off to sleep. Need to finish up these final assignments by the end of this week so I can focus all of next week on camp.

Skits. Nametags. T-shirts. Packing. All that.


Clip of the Day:



just cause it's awesome.

timing is perfect on clips.

and i haven't posted it in like a year. aren't you proud?

yes i'm a nerd.

and she's off.

No comments:

Post a Comment