I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, July 5, 2013

"I have come here to kick zombie butt and chew bubble gum... and I am all out of bubble gum!"

Oh, Wipeout how I love you.


Got to spend the day at the home branch with the new supervisor.

Lots of fun.

Though we were swamped cause we were closed yesterday.

Showed up and we had an entire bookdrop cart that maintenance had brought in the night before overflowing with stuff, plus whatever was currently in the bookdrop.

And no tubs to send them in delivery so it was just carts and carts of stuff.

Then our internet was down cause they were updating software so we only had one functional computer.

And then once it started working the other one went down along with the patron internet computers.

Patrons were not happy and neither were we.

But it's supposed to be much faster now.

Anyway, we were swamped, people everywhere and constant stuff to do so the day flew by pretty quickly.


After which I had to go save a fish.

Got the panic text from Squirt yesterday while lighting fireworks asking if I'd feed her fish and then close the door so the cat wouldn't eat said fish.

She was bummed when I closed the door.

Aw, poor Dumb as a Post.

She answers to that you know.

And Fluffy Bunny.

Cause she's fluffy.

Though not quite as fluffy as Carter.

Speaking of which, Carter needs to be shaved.

Perhaps grandma can find someone to do it while I'm at camp.

He is her favorite grandcat.

She may not always admit it, but I'm pretty sure she misses him.

He loves the farm.

Just not so much the farm cats.


Anyway, after saving the fish and feeding my cat came the homework.

He called it the "Final Exam" but it was actually three papers combined into one. Six pages and I'm done. Emailed it in at 10PM that's a whole 2 hours before the deadline.

I know you're all proud.

So I'm officially done with Library Systems!!!

Well, the class.

Next up Foundations.

But all that stuff is due end of July so I'm gonna take my time with it.

Going to enjoy my weekend off first.

Headed out of town to celebrate my brother-in-law's 40th birthday.

It's not so much a surprise party when he helps plan it.

But it's gonna be fun, dinner in the old market and then walking around downtown before heading back to the hotel.

Second Sister is excited cause they have a hot tub.

Though they own a hot tub so....


Anyway, I'm excited to be done with homework for the week and that I get to sleep in tomorrow.

And then upload even more camp stuff as that is coming up fast.

And I've gotten like 20 envelopes in the past week.

All huge so I'm guessing there's more than one application in each.

Which is good.

As long as they're counselors and teen helpers.

Cause I have like 2 teen helpers total at the moment.


Aaannd that's all I got.

I know, I'm boring, I'm sorry.

But I'm sure I'll have more entertaining stories to tell after the birthday shindig.



Song of the day:

As always, after I finish a class.



Because I want to throw my notes up like that but don't have the energy to clean them up.

So I'll watch Blaine do it instead.

Pretty sure this is the most posted song on this blog.

Except for maybe Shakin' Stevens or Sam Phillips.

Just means I've taken too many classes.


Alright, I'm out. Back to Wipeout.

Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment