I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, July 12, 2013

and if i ever see you, my heart is gonna bleed, but i'm leaving either way.

He's not named after a Backstreet Boy!

Leave my poor cat alone!


Camp meeting today with the gang.

I already assigned kids and counselors to cabins and came up with mock groups for the schedule so it went a little faster than normal.

After, you know, taco pizza and ice cream.

What? It's not like we're getting paid for it.

No, we have a lot of fun.

Actually my old Pastor and his family stopped by this morning, which was cool cause I haven't seen them in almost 5 years.

Mom was jealous.

Had to take a picture or she'd kick my butt.

Pastor and Gina were big into camp when they were here and have started their own now out west.

It's like potato chips, once you start you can't stop.


So yes, we're goofballs but we did come up with a schedule, send out confirmation letters, medical and photo release forms and packing checklists, Mentor stopped by and taught us the song, plus we updated the songbooks - well, the ones we could find. We are mysteriously 30 short.

And yes I checked my car trunk.

Know what I found?

Camp J's lost and found from last year.

Should really clean that out before this year's.

Shows you how often I open that thing.

But I don't need to cause I know there's no space for anything else.

Cause it's got all my camp stuff in it, you know? Like my tent and air mattress and fan and a blanket and then all our board games.

And you know, ice melt and a shovel, BUT STILL all my camp stuff is already there and packed!

Which makes packing for camp so much easier cause it's already in the car!

Which is what I try to explain to people, but then they try to explain back that it's weird to keep an overflowing box of board games in your trunk.

Though it's quite handy because I work with teens and we use them a lot more than you would expect.

Anyway, long story short - too late - the songbooks were not in my trunk so now it's a scavenger hunt and I'm hoping they're either at Obi-Wan's place or in the trailer.

Or maybe a combination of the both, as long as all 100 are physically present at camp.


Am now even more super stoked for camp.

We go through phases. It's either "WE LOVE CAMP!" or "we love camp..."

Right now I'm all about the capitals.

Though stuffing envelopes can make you amazingly italic.


Alright, I gotta crash.

Work tomorrow and then party with the boyfriend's family after.


On to the music.

Monday Morning - Melanie Fiona cover by Tijana, Sarah and Branko



they're not bad, almost as good as the original.

plus she looks like Uma Thurman.

give it a chance.


out.

No comments:

Post a Comment