I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

No one saying do this, no one saying be there, no one saying stop that, no one saying see here...

This is video heavy. Feel free to pick and choose. Except the first one immediately below this, that's mandatory. Cause it's awesome.

Okay, so you can blame this post on this video here:

After Ever After - Paint


Watch it first. It's fantastic.

I bought it on iTunes and have been singing Disney stuff nonstop ever since. This includes at work.

As most of you know I'm a bit of a Disney freak. I was raised watching them all over and over and frequently quote them or sing their songs. You can find more on that here:

Sketch and Edit Watch a Movie

Otherwise known as my "Sketch and Edit Disney Rant" based off a friend's speech in college. 

Anyway, so I bought that on iTunes and have been singing Disney stuff nonstop ever since.

Which led to a conversation with a coworker about Poor Unfortunate Souls. And she had no idea what I was talking about.

Please tell me that you all have seen The Little Mermaid.

Because out of all the coworkers I asked today only one of them has.

And it makes me sad. Like, that's a classic!

Right?

Was it just my family that grew up watching Disney movies? Like all of the Disney movies? Even after we were kids?

Or am I just that young compared to my coworkers.

So, after listening to my Disney Pandora station (basically nonstop) I have decided to post my favorites.

For those of you cultured enough to have seen them already I hope you enjoy listening to them again.

For those of you who haven't seen them for some unknown reason WATCH THEM. They are classics.

Because there are thousands of Disney stuff out there I'm only including my favorites, meaning musicals.

Okay so they're not all musicals, but most of them are.

Since it's impossible to sort these in order of favoritism - there's too many good ones - I'm going by release date instead. I'll attempt to limit myself to one song per movie, but we both know that's not going to last.

Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs - Heigh Ho - 1937


which we got to sing at Trivia Night. well, it was more of a "Heigh Ho!" and then all lifted our adult beverages...Whistle While You Work was a close second, where are all those magical animals when I need someone to clean my apartment?


Cinderella - Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo - 1950


A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes is a close second, but I like this one better.


Peter Pan - You Can Fly - 1953


What Makes a Red Man Red came in second but it's not exactly PC. and I still don't know the answer to that question.


Lady and the Tramp - Bella Notte - 1955


i love the Glee cover of this song, it's fantastic. Siamese Cat Song came in second, but they creep me out.


Sleeping Beauty - Once Upon a Dream - 1959


okay, honestly this one and poor unfortunate souls are probably the songs i sing the most out of all these i will post. mostly when i'm doing laundry. i'm sure my neighbors love me.


101 Dalmatians - Cruella De Vil - 1961


another one frequently sang, this one mostly while driving.


Sword in the Stone - Higitus Figitus - 1963


i wish i could pack like that. i'm aware you probably don't know that one, but i love it. That's What Makes the World Go 'Round comes in a close second. (ps - if you're wondering which of these movies are my favorites, i know you're not actually, but it's a tie between this one and Robin Hood)


Mary Poppins - Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious - 1964


a old schoolmate of mine was asked once how to spell that on the radio (i mean he was asked, while on the radio) and his response was "it starts with an S and the rest is fluff." they gave him ice cream.

Spoonful of Sugar came in close second, especially after singing it over and over at camp thanks to the 3rd grade girls skit found here.


Jungle Book - I Wanna Be Like You - 1967


Bare Necessities comes in a very close second here, especially cause my sisters used it sing it all the time, but i have bad memories attached to that movie so i haven't watched it in a very long time. again, read the Sketch and Edit mentioned above.


Aristocats - Everybody Wants to be a Cat - 1970


Thomas O'Malley I love as well. how many characters did he voice, geez?


Robin Hood - The Phony King of England - 1973


a pox on the phony king of england. a tie for my favorite disney movie, but i think it just slightly edges out the Sword in the Stone. by like just a little.

Oo De Lally comes in a close second. yes that is roger miller.


Little Mermaid - Poor Unfortunate Souls - 1989


yes indeed. how can you not love this song? or know it for that matter? it makes me sad.

okay i'm breaking my one song post rule for this one - my excuse is because it's the movie that led to this post in the first place - that and it has the most of my favorite songs.

Kiss the Girl


my honorable mentions are Under the Sea and Part of Your World


Beauty and the Beast - Belle - 1991


strange. no. question. SNL did an awesome parody of this for Anna Kendrick's intro.

okay i'm breaking my rule again, but this time i don't have an excuse. they're just all so good.

Gaston


cause it's amusing. is that what guys actually aspire to be?

then of course there are the obvious Tale as Old as Time and Be Our Guest.


Aladdin - Friend Like Me - 1992


timely. still catchy.

and of course Prince Ali yes, breaking the rule again.


Honorable mentions are Arabian Nights, One Jump Ahead, and A Whole New World which my high school roommate would sing nonstop.


Lion King - I Just Can't Wait to be King - 1994


clear front-runner for me personally, but there are other good ones too. such as:

Hakuna Matata


Followed closely by Can You Feel the Love Tonight, Circle of Life WHICH APPARENTLY QUEEN OF THE KNOWN UNIVERSE KNOWS BY HEART so i may make her sing it on date night Friday...and Be Prepared which used to scare the crap out of me, even though I used to laugh at the hyenas.

OMG it was Jeremy Irons! That's been driving me nuts all day.

Pocahontas - Just Around the Riverbend - 1995


Second comes Colors of the Wind.

Hunchback of Notre Dame - Topsy Turvy - 1996


Second comes Out There which is also catchy but not as fun.

Hercules - I Won't Say I'm in Love - 1997


another movie that you probably haven't seen, but i absolutely love that song. probably listened to it a thousand times. the muses are my favorites. I Can Go the Distance comes in second and Zero to Hero in third.


Mulan - I'll Make a Man Out of You - 1998


sketch's favorite, followed closely by Reflection.


Tarzan - Trashin' the Camp - 1999


yes that is rosie o'donnell. love it. Followed closely by the obvious Strangers Like Me and You'll Be in My Heart.

I also like Emperor's New Groove, Lilo and Stitch, and Finding Nemo, but they don't really have music.

And that's enough from me.

Mostly cause I haven't seen Tangled and wasn't really a huge fan of the Princess and the Frog or Frozen.

I know, I'm a heathen.

Build me a snowman.

What do you want me to do, dress in drag and do the hula?



had to save it for last.

and i'm officially out. hope you had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment